Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
Your initial consultation starts once you contact our office where Cecily, our Patient Coordinator, will schedule you to meet with Dr. Reese and his staff, learn more about orthodontics, receive a comprehensive initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your initial consultation, you will meet Dr. Reese, our patient coordinator Shonda, and our Insurance coordinator Missy. We will then:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Photographs will be taken to be part of your electronically stored images
- Perform a comprehensive orthodontic evaluation, and fully explain all relevant findings
- We will take the appropriate CBCT X-ray that day upon your request, or if one is necessary to help you determine which treatment is best for you
- Help you create a customized treatment plan by careful explanation of all your options
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
Our staff will be glad to answer any questions you may have and will provide all the information you need to determine which treatment is right for you.
What happens after the initial consultation?
You’re one step closer to achieving the smile you’ve always wanted! After your consultation, we will schedule your first appointment and Dr. Reese will place your new orthodontic appliances. This appointment generally takes about an hour, and during this time we will be sure to make you as comfortable as possible.
Routine adjustments to your appliances keep your treatment on schedule and are usually scheduled every four to eight weeks. Our scheduling team will work with you to make sure your appointments are as convenient as possible. When scheduling appointments, please let us know which days and times work best for you.
We understand that “life happens!” If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, contact our practice, and we will get you started. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups, even during your orthodontic treatment. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure you receive the best possible care.