Every once in a while a technology emerges that can be considered a "game changer" (an improvement that completely alters the status quo). Three-dimensional radiography is such a technology. The ability to see a patient's mouth in life-like three dimensions means less radiation, more accurate diagnosis, and better orthodontic treatment!
Peninsula Orthodontics is proud to be the only office on the Virginia Peninsula offering the iCAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System. It allows us to provide quick, comfortable, and effective dental imaging for the most precise dental health diagnosis possible. iCAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Cephalometric and Panoramic radiographs
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Dental implants
- Wisdom teeth extractions
Patients can take advantage of a more complete dental treatment with iCAT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One, 5 or 9-second scan, depending on patient size, provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort - patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost effective imaging system
- No need to take impressions for study models
- Dr. Ross can easily share the data with patients and their other health care providers.
Our office is pleased to offer iCAT 3D imaging for patients of other dentists who want to offer the latest in diagnostics and treatment planning to their patients. Please download the CBCT Referral form, General Referral form or call us to schedule a scan for your patients.